Kyle has been involved in racing since he was 7 years old, and is extremely motivated by his aspirations of a career in professional motorsports as well as his ambitious academic goals. During the past eleven years, Kyle has competed in various levels of karting and open-wheel racing. Kyle’s open-wheel experience includes his recent rookie season in the 2013 Pro Mazda Championship presented by Cooper Tires, the 2012 Formula Car Challenge presented by Goodyear, and two full seasons in the 2010 & 2011 Skip Barber Western Regional Championships. His karting experience includes; Jr. Sportsman, Jr. Super Sportsman, Tag Jr, HPV-2, Rookie Sportsman, HPV-1, Jr.-1 Two Cycle, and Kid Karts.
In addition to Kyle’s many race wins and podium finishes in both karting and open-wheel racing, Kyle won the Pro Formula Mazda Championship in the 2012 Formula Car Challenge presented by Goodyear, finished 3rd in the 2011 Skip Barber Western Regional Championship, and 2nd in the 2010 Skip Barber Western Regional Championship along with Rookie of the Year honors. Kyle was also selected as of one six Skip Barber Scholarships recipients in the 2010-11 Skip Barber Karting Shootout. Kyle’s most significant karting accomplishment was his commanding HPV-1 victory at the 2008 IKF 2-Cycle Sprint Grand Nationals in Santa Maria, CA. where Kyle was awarded a Duffy and a Screaming Eagle.
Kyle made his professional open-wheel racing debut September 7th, 2012 by joining the “Mazda Road to Indy” Star Mazda Championship presented by Goodyear at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, in Monterey, CA. He continued his campaign for a second year in the 2014 Pro Mazda Championship presented by Cooper Tires with Juncos Racing based in Brownsburg, IN. Kyle went on to finish 6th in the Pro Mazda Championship Presented by Cooper Tires and compiled 4 podium finishes and a first "proffesional" victory in the season finale.
Kyle celebrated his May 2014 graduation from Bellarmine College Preparatory High School in San Jose, CA by moving to Indianapolis, IN to be close to the Juncos Racing Team headquarters to focus his energy on the current championship and his pursuit of a career in professional motorsports. Kyle is currently studying at the University of Santa Clara, CA.
Kyle finished 6th in the 2015 Indy Lights Championship and 3rd on his second attempt in 2016. In 2017 Kyle won the Indy Lights Championship and the $1 million scholarship to progress to IndyCar.
In 2018 Kyle made his IndyCar debut at ISM Raceway, following that with the Long Beach Grand Prix, Indianapolis GP, and the 102nd Indianapolis 500. His best finish was 16th at the Long Beach Grand Prix and his most impressive performance came from qualifying 17th in the Indianapolis 500.
• Debut at ISM Raceway, Qualified 14th, Finished 21st.
• Long Beach Grand Prix, Qualified 24th, Finished 16th.
• Indy Grand Prix, Qualified 24th, Finished 19th.
• 102nd Indianapolis 500, Qualified 17th, Finished 29th,
• 1st in Indy Lights presented by Cooper Tires with Juncos Racing, Series Champion, 3 wins, 3 poles, 11 top 5s.
• 3rd in Indy Lights presented by Cooper Tires with Juncos Racing, 2 wins, 3 poles, 9 top 5s.
• 6th in Indy Lights presented by Cooper Tires with Juncos Racing, 7 top 5s.
• 6th in Pro Mazda Championship presented by Cooper Tires with Juncos Racing, 1 win, 6 top 5s.
• 7th in Pro Mazda Championship presented by Cooper Tires with World Speed Motorsports, 3 top 5s.
• Champion in Formula Car Challenge presented by Goodyear, Pro Mazda class
• Skip Barber Western Regional Championship – 3rd Place
• 14th Annual Skip Barber Karting Scholarship Shootout, Partial-Season Scholarship Winner
• Skip Barber Western Regional Championship, 2nd Place & Rookie of the Year
• Infinion Raceway 3 hr Karting Enduro, Winner
• IKF Grand Nationals – Reno, NV, Four Class Competitor
• ProKart Nor-Cal Race Series – Infinion Raceway
• Infinion Raceway 3hr Enduro – Winner
• IKF 2-Cycle Sprint Grand Nationals – Santa Maria, CA, Champion, HPV-1
• IKF 2-Cycle Sprint Grand Nationals – Santa Maria, CA, 3rd Place, Rookie Sportsman
• IKF 2-Cycle Sprint Grand Nationals – Santa Maria, CA, 5th Place, Junior One
2007 – 2003
• IKF Regional Race Series – Region 7 & 11, Various Podium Finishes
Name: Kyle Kaiser
DOB: 05 March 1996
Car #: 18
Home Town: Santa Clara, CA, USA
Simulating, Ping Pong
INDY CAR LATEST TWEETS
Racing Hero: Ayrton Senna
To have a successful and prosperous career in professional motorsports.